Thursday, June 25, 2020

I Finally Got My Refund Notice From SAS Airline After 70 Business Days


I finally got a refund notice from SAS Airline dated on June 19, 2020 stating that I would get my refund in full.  This was after 70 business days and a complaint filed to The Swedish Government Consumer Protection Agency.  EU law says that they must refund me with 14 days of my request if they cancel my flight and that they did.   There is still no money in my account as of June 19, 2020 at around 11 am .  This is not unusual.  I have noticed the last year that payments are slow to reach my bank account.  The refund payment was in my account on the 24th of June, 2020.

I do not believe that I would have received my refund if it was not for my official complaint if not for ARN which is the agency complaints are filed to.   I saw a representative of  The National Board of Consumer Disputes (ARN) on the nightly evening news saying that they had over 3,000 complaints from people who have not received refunds after months of waiting even though the law says it shall be paid out with 14 business days.   

Well, the squeaky wheel does get the grease if ARN even did anything at all is pure speculation on my part.  They have a 6 week processing time per case. 

Note:   My refund payment cleared the bank on 24 June 2020.   I can finally put this to rest.  As far as flying again with SAS Airline,  I cannot say honestly, if I will or not.




No comments:

Post a Comment